1 lb mild Italian sausage (casings removed)
26 ounces tomato sauce with garlic, roasted (Ragu)
28 ounces diced tomatoes (Drain liquid)
1 large tomato
2 garlic cloves
8 large mushrooms
4 celery ribs
1 white onion (half if large onion)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning (optional)
1 teaspoon dried red chilies, flaked
12 ounces dry penne pasta
2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1) With casings removed break down sausage links into small pieces until fully cooked. (Remove form pan and set aside).
2) In lg sauce pan add cut up celery, white onion, zucchini and cook for about 2 minutes until soft.
3) Add cut up mushrooms, tomatoe and 2 minced garlic cloves.
4) Add jar of tomatoe sauce, drained can of diced tomatoes, oregano, fresh parsley, pepper,salt, italian seasoning, red chilli flakes.
5) Simmer for approximately 1 hour.
6) Cook penne approximately 13 minutes or until cooked.
7) Spray Oven 13 X 9 inch baking dish w/ pam or oil.
8) Add pasta to sauce and pour into greased pan.
9) Cover pasta with cheese mixture (I used the whole bag) and then cover dish with foil making sure foil doesn’t touch the cheese).
10) Bake for 10 with foil then remove and Broil until cheese stars to slightly brown.
11) Remove and let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!