225 g fresh or dried egg pasta, such as tagliatelle or pappardelle
extra virgin Olive oil
1 clove Garlic
1 Bay leaves
225g Porcini, thinly sliced
150ml whipping cream
knob of Butter
2-3 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf Parsley,
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions until ‘al dente’.
2. Meanwhile, heat a film of olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. Add the garlic clove and bay leaf, and fry briefly over medium heat until the garlic just starts to brown. Remove from the pan.
3. Throw in the porcini, and fry quickly over medium-high heat, tossing and turning until they are just tender and have released their juices. Season with salt and a good grinding of black pepper.
4. Add the cream and butter, and stir until bubbling.
5. Drain the pasta and add to the pan.